Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default Background Color for selected range

for example your boundary is 100

first put the color u want when number is below or equal to 100

then go to conditional formatting, number rules, greater than,
enter 100 there, and choose your color.
this should work, it does in mine.

"Glyn" wrote:

I have a budget on one sheet and actual on another sheet. When the actual
exceeds the budget I want to have a background color of red and when the
actual is less than or equal to the budget I want the selected range to be
green. I cannot get the background color to change under any codition. I
have selected a range and clicked on the pain icon and selected a color but
nothing happens to the selected range. Is there some setting in the workbook
that is preventing the change. Thanks,
--
Glyn