Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glyn[_2_] Glyn[_2_] is offline

Default Background Color for selected range

I have a budget on one sheet and actual on another sheet. When the actual
exceeds the budget I want to have a background color of red and when the
actual is less than or equal to the budget I want the selected range to be
green. I cannot get the background color to change under any codition. I
have selected a range and clicked on the pain icon and selected a color but
nothing happens to the selected range. Is there some setting in the workbook
that is preventing the change. Thanks,
--
Glyn