Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default VLookup - finding wrong value

may be ??

=vlookup(B5,Lab Results!$A$2:$B$7,2,false)

On Oct 6, 10:20*pm, tomic wrote:
* I am trying to use a vlookup formula to lookup data based on a time, but it
is not always giving me the correct value. It seems like if the time entered
is before noon time (12 PM) it returns the wrong value Anything after 12PM is
ok. Here is the formula I'm using. Any help would be appreciated.

Sheet = Lab Results
A * * * * * * * * * * B
Time * * * * * * * *Result
9:30 AM * * * * * 2
9:45 AM * * * * * 3
10:00 AM * * * * 4
11:30 AM * * * * 5
12:30 PM * * * * 6
1:30 PM * * * * * 10

On a seperate sheet an operator enters another time into cell B5, and in C5
I have the following formula.

=vlookup(B5,Lab Results!$A$2:$B$7,2)

If I enter in 10:00 AM into B5, I get 3 in C5, when I would expect to get 4.

Thanks.