Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Count and Add 1 to the count value

Ok, try this:

==if(a2<=a1,b1+1,b1)

Regards,
Fred

"Vijay DSK" wrote in message
Fred,
An example of what i am looking is (consider the same example ur using)
In your last reply you have mentioned 2 columns. In the 1st column 1 was
appearing 4 times and as per my requirement the 4th "1" must have a serial
number as "004". but it was showing "003" only.
Like wise the number 3 was appearing 2 times, means it should have "002"
and
like wise number 4 and number 6 also showing different values.
I can understand how speed you are. Any how once again thanks for your
advice and looking into this.

Hope i am clear in asking... Please follow this entire post so that you
can
find what exactly i am looking at.

Thanks

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Had you followed my advice, you would have received the following
results:

1 001
2 001
3 001
4 001
5 001
1 002
1 002
2 002
1 003
3 003
4 003
6 003

Is this not what you wanted? If it's not, then tell me what you want.
Saying
"it doesn't work" doesn't give me much to go on.

Also, my records show that you posted your initial question at 7:36 on
09/26. I replied at 7:51 on the same day. I'm sorry if that wasn't speedy
enough for you.

Regards,
Fred.

"Vijay DSK" wrote in message
Fred the values are not changing when i increased the value

the following is the result of your advice

1 1
2 1
3 1
4 1
5 1
1 2
1 2
2 2
1 3
3 3
4 3
6 3

Please look into this and a speedy advice not only this but also on my
another request in this post.

Thanks in advance

"Fred Smith" wrote:

I still haven't changed my advice. What happened when you tried it?

Regards,
Fred.

"Vijay DSK" wrote in message
A speedy advice will greatly appreciated from Teethless Mama or any
one

"Vijay DSK" wrote:

Hi all,
Thanks for this forum for the help rendered in my previous issues.
Now stucked up with another one.
It is like ....
col1 col2
1
2
3
1
2
3
what i am looking is in column 2 a formula or function which gives
as
follows
col1 col2
1 001