Rodney

G'day Stacy,

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do.
The Cell's label is FP1 (finishing position 1)
but of course, this clashes with a <real cell reference,
and I jump to an unused, unknown cell.
I have 245 columns so I need to adhere to a well-known lexicon.

In MSWorks I would get around this by enclosing the cell label with '
excel no, I just wondered if there was a workaround.

Otherwise I shall have to rename a group of labels as "FPa, FPb" etc etc
Best Regards
Rodney