Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpridemore dpridemore is offline

Default #VALUE

Here is the formula:
IF($A22=",",IF(AND($A22600,$A22<700),(VLOOKUP($A2 2,Equipment!$I22:$AE478,16)),"))

I understand your comment and will look into it further. There are
circumstances where the formula will return a blank cell. There are other
cells where data is returned. In both cases the inconsistent formula shows
up. These are on columns that I have inserted into the worksheet. The
workbook was originally an Excel 2003 format and is now saved under the Excel
2007 format.

There are also situations in which the same formula is used and a blank cell
occurs and also one in which data is returned buth they do not get the
"inconsistent formula" error.

This causes the summary column to show the #VALUE error. That summary
column is a simple formula of " I17+K17+M17+O17+Q17+S17+U17+W17+Y17+AA17 so I
cant use the SUM function as it skips data in columns.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I am getting a #VALUE error when trying to add a series of data

Does your formula look something like this:

=A1+B1+C1

If you get a #VALUE! error from a formula like that it usually means that at
least one of the referenced cells contains a TEXT entry.

Use the SUM function instead, it ignores text:

=SUM(A1:C1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"dpridemore" wrote in message
I am getting a #VALUE error when trying to add a series of data in
different
cells.

Apparently this is due to an "inconsistent formula" with others in the
same
area of the worksheet.

I have a list of data that I am accessing through IF, AND, and VLOOKUP
functions. The cell in one column will not show any "inconsistent
formula"
errors and provides the correct data. When the formula is moved two cells
the right and the VLOOKUP function adjusted by 2 columns to make sure it
picks up the correct data then the "inconsistent formula" error is shown.

This is happening on three columns in the worksheet. The good column will
pick up data from the table at column 14. The second will pick up on 11.
The
third on column 10. The third on column 16.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.