Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default How do I change the author of a spreadsheet in Excel 2007?

Rick Rothstein wrote:
And you just had to make me open the darn web page to look, didn't ya?<g

First thing I noticed is that, unless I went to the wrong place, this
newsgroup didn't even exist in the web interface. Okay, putting that
aside, I see what you mean about the field being dependent on the width
of the pane; however, it would seem that there is some kind of limit on
the number of characters (less than 255 for sure) when the message gets
posted... or else why would the subject line appear truncated in our
newsgroup readers? Well, whatever, obviously we are not going to solve
the problem... we'll just have to put up with it until everyone learns
the benefit of using *real* newsgroup readers.<g

Now I'm heading back to my newsgroup reader as well!

The link. ;-)

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US