Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Non matching text data of the same values

Thanks for your help.
Your suggestion provides a good workaround to my issue.

The downside of this technique is that lead zeros are suppressed/lost as the
VALUE function converts from Text to General.

I use the text data format to retain the lead zeros.

I would like to understand when the green triangle in the left upper corner
is set. If I have a column of text data with some cells with the green
triangle and other cells with no green triangle, how can I either have all
cells with green triangles or all cells without the green triangles

"Thomas [PBD]" wrote:

The green triangle is probably an error/alert message. With this example,
probably stating the the data entered into the field is entered as Text. One
way to get around this is to add a VALUE(<cell) function to the cell which
you are attempting to lookup as a non-text. The VALUE function will force
the cell to be pulled as a Number.

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.

"Mike" wrote:

A text cell value = 12345678 with a green triangle in the left upper corner
of the cell will not match a text cell value = 12345678 with no green
triangle when doing a VLOOKUP.
When is the green triangle inserted and how can it be managed.