Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro that runs when a cell is selected

You can use a worksheet event:

Option Explicit

If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:B3")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If

Call MacroNameHere

End Sub

This checks to see if you selected any cell(s) in A1:B3. If you did, then it
calls MacroNameHere.

Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view
code. Paste this code into the code window.

Change the range to check to what you want and change the name of the macro,
too.

Daniel Bonallack wrote:

I have a macro that I want to run when the user selects a cell. Can someone
give me the code that would do this?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

--