Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change the author of a spreadsheet in Excel 2007?

And you just had to make me open the darn web page to look, didn't ya?<g

First thing I noticed is that, unless I went to the wrong place, this
newsgroup didn't even exist in the web interface. Okay, putting that aside,
I see what you mean about the field being dependent on the width of the
pane; however, it would seem that there is some kind of limit on the number
of characters (less than 255 for sure) when the message gets posted... or
else why would the subject line appear truncated in our newsgroup readers?
Well, whatever, obviously we are not going to solve the problem... we'll
just have to put up with it until everyone learns the benefit of using
*real* newsgroup readers.<g

Now I'm heading back to my newsgroup reader as well!

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bob I" wrote in message
Just had to make me open the darn web page to look, didn't ya. What I can
see is the view is what is "truncated", I don't know where the cutoff is ,
255 chars or what for the field. But if one "drags" the pane size wider,
you will see more of the subject, constrained by the width of the pane
that you can configure in your browser window. Now I'm heading back to my
newsgroup reader, bah!

Rick Rothstein wrote:

I'm not a web designer (obviously from my last comments), but could they
have used a TextBox control (or some other device) which would allow you
to display a portion of the text in it and, if you wanted to see the
rest, click into it and arrow into the portion of text that didn't fit in
displayed width?