Matthew B.

Jim,

Check out QAid. Peter is a very intelligent gentlemen who has developed a
great little program that will identify all the format combinations.

www.quarrell.demon.co.uk/QAid/

Matthew

"Jim Allen" wrote:

My company uses very large spreadsheets
to confrom to goverment requirements. Recently we have run into a Warning
message when we try to insert a new column. It says we've used up all the
cell formats, so we can't add any new cells. The Microsoft documentation
seems to indicate that the maximum number of cell formats is 4000.

I guess we're hitting that limit and Excel won't let us enter anymore data.

How do I increase the max number of cell formats?
How do I find out how many I've used already?
How do I delete ones I'm not using (Excel seems to "hang on" to all the cell
formats we've ever generated)?

Thanks.

Jim Allen