Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
winnie123 winnie123 is offline

Default Can I edit a GETPIVOTDATA formula?

Hi,

I have a list of customers in Column B and I would like to copy the value in
B2 to replace the end of a formula in Column c

The formula in column c is

=(GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Qty",'Y:\Spares sales\[2008.xls]2008
Table'!$A$5,"Customer Name","SUNDRY EXPORT USD"))

The last bit of the formula SUNDRY EXPORT USD needs to change to whatever is
in Column B for the same row.

It it possible?

I tried to create a macro which looks like this

Range("B2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "SUNDRY HOME"
Range("C2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=(GETPIVOTDATA(""Sum of Qty"",'[2008.xls]2008
Table'!R5C1,""Customer Name"",""SUNDRY HOME""))"
Range("D2").Select

But I dont know how to make it work for the rest of Column B.

I am pulling the info from a pivot table and just wanted to save time by
copying and pasting the same formula but need a macro to change the last bit
in the formula ie The Customer name.

Can anyone help?