Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default I want to count occurences between 2 dates.

Hi,

You don't say what it is you want to sum. the dates thenselve? another
column? so I assume the adjacent column.

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A30=C1)*(A1:A30<=C2)*(B1:B30))

Wher C1 is the start date, C2 is the end date and column B is what you want
to sum.

Mike

"tartanspice" wrote:

I am a relatively unskilled user of Excel at the moment. I have a column of
dates where I would like to count the number of occurrences within a week
i.e. between 2 dates. Say I have a set of dates spread over 1 month; I want
to end up with 4 separate figures for each week of that month. Is this
possible in one formula? So far I have resorted to sorting the column in
date order and created separate Sum fields for each of the 4 weeks but this
seems unweilding and I have to do the same thing on multiple sheets within a
workbook.