Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default Automatic updates of links between files €“ Excel 2007

When I open a file with links to another file, a security warning shows in
the message bar showing that automatic update of links has been disabled.
When I go to the Trust Centre it shows that Prompt User on Automatic Update
of Links is selected.
Microsoft help seems to imply that if I dont want to update, I should get a
button Dont Update. However this button does not appear. Nor does an update
button.
When I open the file I want to be able to choose whether to update or not.
What is the process to set this up and then how do I give the two
instructions, Update or Dont Update?