Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default select multiple rows and format

Another option would be to use format|Conditional formatting (xl2003 menus).

Select the range (a1:X999, say)

And with row 1 containing the activecell:

Format|Conditional|formatting
formula is:
=countif($e1,"*college*")0
and use Bold in the formatting dialog.

sdg8481 wrote:

Hi,

I have a fairly simple request, but i just just can't seems to find a
solution, hope one of you can help...

Basically, i need a VBA code that will bold the text of the entire row if
the word "College" exists somewhere in column E. It maybe worth pointing out
that this word may be part of a phrase so not sure if wildcard characters
will be needed.

If tried the usual and ideas found on this site, however i can't use the
simple filter options because my spreadsheet contains multiple empty rows,
therefore i think VBA id the way to go.

Hope this makes sense and that you can help.

--

Dave Peterson