Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
StormChaser StormChaser is offline

Default Where to get Excel 2003 add-ins (Data Analysis/Histograms)?

This is weird, because I did just that yesterday, but the option 'Data
Analysis' under 'Tools' did not show up, which is why i went to 'add-ins',
but that got me nowhere either.

After getting your correct response today, now the 'Data Analysis' option
shows up, and it works again. Go figure . . . . .

Thanks for your help.
Geoff Strong

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

StormChaser -

The Histogram tool is part of the Analysis ToolPak, and it is available only
from the Office/Excel installation disk, not as a download. So, find the
disk, run the setup, and add Analysis ToolPak to your hard drive.

Before reinstalling, check Tools | Add-ins to see if it's listed as an
available add-in. If so, check the box. If it's listed and the box is
already checked, uncheck it, click OK, then check the box, and click OK. The
data analysis tools may return.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"StormChaser" wrote in message
I can no longer find 'Data Analysis - Histograms' on my computer (I use
Excel
2003), even though I used it as recently as two weeks ago. I went to the
Excel downloads site, but does not appear to be available there.

I can only assume that this functionality was removed during
auto-installation of Service Pack 3 recently. How do i get this
functionality back?

P.S. I have Excel 2007 on my laptop and it should be available there, but
positively abhor Office2007, having difficulty navigating PowerPoint,
Excel,
etc. I prefer Office2003 for my needs.