Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
G Lykos G Lykos is offline

Default How to test for imported Access table null cell?

Greetings!

Am reading data from Excel into Access to do some manipulations, then
bringing it back to Excel. A new field in the Access return data sometimes
has a null value. I see I can use the Access NZ function in the query to
force it to a "" value rather than null.

However, as is, I have a cell value in the return data that shows up in an
Excel pivot table (snapped on the data table) field value selection list as
a colored box, different than a text value or a blank (i.e. "").

The cell has no value that I can detect, but trying to use it in any
operation (calculation or feed to function) results in an error.

Question, then: is there a function or other method, preferably available
on the worksheet but as a fallback as an attribute accessible via VBA, that
I can use to detect a null cell in Excel originating from an imported Access
table?

Thanks,
George