Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Dates not entered correctly

I suspect that you have turned on the 1904 date system - click on Tools |
Options | Calculation tab, and you will see that option at the bottom which
you can uncheck and the click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Stealth_scorpio" wrote in
message ...
Hi

I have Excel 2003 (11.8220.8221) SP3 running on Vista Ultimate SP1 and
have
a weird glitch.

Whenever I try to enter a date such as todays date, Oct 4, into Excel - it
inputs it as Oct 1, 2004. It takes my day input as a year... How do I fix
it
so it returns to normal and output the proper month/day instead of
month/year.

I have never seen this issue before in any previous version of Excel.

Any help would be appreciated as it is starting to get anoying entering
the
year everytime.

Thanks,