Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Limiting line number on scroll bar

After the import, go to row below last line of data.

SHIFT + End + downarrow.

EditDeleteEntire Rows.

Same for columns to the right of data.

Now save the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 07:40:00 -0700, Corcovadocowboy
wrote:

Hi Joel,

I did what you suggested, but it didn't work.
But thanks anyway!..And thank you for the other suggestion you did!.

Actually I'm using the import porcess of my GIS and it doesn't give you the
option to choose the lines, you want to export, that's why I'm trying to clip
the blank lines.

gábor

"Joel" wrote:

I don't know how you are exporting the data so I not sure how to fix the
problem.

One possible solution is to set the print area.

File - Page Setup - Sheet - Print Area.

set the print area to include only the area where your data is located.

"Corcovadocowboy" wrote:

Dear Excel Community,

when I export an excel file to my GIS software (TNTmips), all the lines
(records) untill the end of the scroll bar are exported. I don't want to
export the blank lines and therefore I would like to limit the scroll bar
extents untill the last line (record) entry. How is that done in Excel?

Thank you for your help!

gábor