Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

Default Using an IF Formula Mulitple Times in One Cell

I'm working on a project where cell B3 through D3 contain the values "Yes"
and "No." These indicate whether the name in A3 has the documents listed in
B2 through D2. If the value in a cell is "No" I would like for cell I3 to
show which documents each name needs. Finally, when all the information is
complete I would like for it to show "Packet Completed" until H3 states a
"Yes" answer, which then would show "Nothing Needed" For example:

Name Homework Quizzes Test Needs
John Yes No No Quizzes, Test

Say John finishes his quizzes then it would only show Tests in the Needs
Column, and when he finished his tests the needs column would read All
Assignments Completed.

I've tried nesting the IF formula, but it states "Argument too long" in a
message box. Again I nested 5 IF Formulas together. How would I be able to
have Excel work for me to fill in that information automatically as it is
updated?