Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Getting a dash wjen updating a formula

The result isn't 0, I hope.

Copy/paste special values and see what number appears in the formula bar. If
it's a - then we know it's the formula. If it's somethign else, we're looking
at other issues. Undo once you get your answer.

"Mac" wrote:

I see the actual formula in the formula bar. If I change any part of the
formula and hit enter, it populates the cell with a dash.

Changing format doesn't work...thanks.
--

Mac

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What do you see in the formulabar?

How about changing that cell's numberformat to General?
Format|Cells|Number tab

Mac wrote:

Hi,

Excel 2003 - When I try to update a formula in a cell and hit enter, it
gives me a dash instead of the result of the formula.

Original = = 5 + 5 Cell = 10
Update = = 5 + 4 Cell = -

Any ideas?
--