Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LPS LPS is offline

Default XL2000 Pivot Table Specifications

I am trying to understand the limtiations of XL2000 Pivot Tables but am
getting very confused. This could stem from the way the terminlogy is used
from one source of definitions to another. In the Excel help (Office
Assistant) it says the maximum number of Items in a Pivot Table report is
8,000. Yet, when I read the on-line article
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211517/) it says the number of unique Items
per row, column or page field is 8,000. So, is the maximum number of all
row, coumn and page fields 8,000 or is it 8,000 each?

Then the article says, the maximum number of items in all column fields
cannot exceed 32,768. And the maximum number of items in all row fields
cannot exceed 2.1 billion. Whath appened to the 8,000 item limit?

Could someone please clarify this for me?

LPS