Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default how do i know date after no. of working days

I thought that was a bit OTT, Rick !! <bg

Pete

On Oct 3, 5:12*pm, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
It just occurred to me that my solution (a VB coded solution) is probably
not what you were looking for. I had just posted some answers over in the
programming newsgroup and forgot that I was not still in that newsgroup when
I posted my answer to you. I think Pete's answer is the one you are looking
for.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message

Give the following function a try...

Function AddWorkDays(StartDate As Date, WorkDays As Long) As Date
*If WorkDays < 0 Then Exit Function
*AddWorkDays = DateAdd("d", 7 * (WorkDays \ 5) + (WorkDays Mod 5) - _
* * * * * * * * * * * *2 * ((WorkDays Mod 5) Abs(5 + - _
* * * * * * * * * * * *Weekday(StartDate, vbMonday))) + _
* * * * * * * * * * * *Weekday(StartDate, vbSaturday) * _
* * * * * * * * * * * *(Weekday(StartDate, vbSaturday) < 3), StartDate)
End Function

As written, this function will only *add* workdays to the StartDate. If
the WorkDays value is less than 0, then "day zero" (12/30/1899) is
returned and can be used for error checking purposes.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"sudheer" wrote in message
I want to know what is the date after no. of working days.
Suppose if we consider today's date i have to get date after 12 wrkng
days .
Today's date:3-oct-08
Date aftr 12 wrkng days :21-oct-08(Result)

I need formula to execute that and how to implement it in shared
workbooks ?- Hide quoted text -