Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
suziiiiiii suziiiiiii is offline

Default Ideas for a current project @ my new job, please!

I just started a new job, and I'm researching why some items aren't shipping
correctly. Well, they've asked me to create a detailed spreadsheet with about
10 columns of information. But I've got a problem....The information in each
column per item only takes one row, except for one. It's the location. But
for each item, we have random numbers of locations. And so, while entering
information, I'm getting annoyed @ the one column taking up extra rows, since
it has more than one row worth of information. I wish I could explain it
better! Hmm. For example, there are three columns: "Date" "Item Number"
"Locations" . Now you just have one date to enter, one item number, but when
you put in all the locations, you've used like 4 row below it. Now there is
all that blank space between the rows (except on the location column) and I
think it looks terrible! Any creative suggestions for this? I was considering
a drop down list, but I wanted to see what the experienced users might think.