Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
janee janee is offline

Default Downloading Excel file from SQL application

When I look at the downloaded file after it downloads, there is NO extension
- in the File Type column under Windows Explorer, instead of saying Microsofr
Excel worksheet - it just says FILE.

When I download and have to look for the Excel program to choose to open the
file - the option to "ALWAYS USE THIS PROGRAM TO OPEN THIS FILE" is grayed
out - I cannot check the box. How can I get that checkbox back?

Thanks for your help.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

You must be saving the downloaded file by providing a name...
Check to see whether the extension is XLS when you are not able to open...
if NOT then that is your problem... make sure that extension is XLS while
saving.

If it is something else then you can associate that extension with Excel by
clicking on 'Alwasy use this to open' while choosing Excel to open the file.