Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Add Columns in multiple Sheets

Thanks Pete & Dave.
This is how I have been doing it. I was Hoping there was a different way.
Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can click on sheet1's tab (to select it).
Then ctrl-click on sheet2's tab.

You'll notice that both sheets are selected or grouped. In fact, excel tries to
warn you that you have grouped sheets by putting [Group] in the title bar.

Now you can insert the new column and add the header.

But remember to ungroup the sheets when you're done (select a different
sheet--or rightclick on either tab and choose Ungroup Sheets).

Almost any change you make to any member of a grouped sheet will be made to the
others.

Very useful for what you describe--but very dangerous if you forget!

ps.

You may want to put a formula in the new D1 of sheet2:
=if(sheet1!d1="","",sheet1!d1)

Then you'll only have to type the header once.

Ken wrote:

How do I insert a column in âœsheet1❠and then automatically have the same
column added into âœsheet 2â
Columns in âœsheet 1❠and âœsheet 2❠will have the same name.
I would like to add the column in-between âœC❠& âœD❠on âœsheet 1 and fill in
a heading in cell in what will now be âœD2❠and them have the same happen in
âœSheet 2❠without having to go âœsheet 2❠and repeating the process manually

--

Dave Peterson