John

John,

The technique illustrated in the links you provided may work if nothing else
presents itself. What I will have to do is use the sum of the actual labor
and wait time as the value for the bar that ends up 'behind' That way, the
short bar in front would represent actual labor and the visible part of the
taller bar behind would represent the wait time, just as I want. Thanks for
the help, John. I'll let you know if this actually works.

Regards,
John Reece

"John Mansfield" wrote:

John,

I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two
examples can help:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._column_chart/

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._column_chart/

If this doesn't help, please post back with more specifics.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"John" wrote:

I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several
months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e.,
actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column,
each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a
cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want
each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual
labor time and the wait time.