Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Adding multiple cells meeting criteria

One easy set-up using SUMIF, with INDIRECT providing some extra flexibility

In your YTD summary sheet,
List the monthly sheetnames in B1 across, eg: July, August, etc
List the "Positions" in A2 down, eg: AR-01
(Sheetnames listed must match exactly with what's on the tabs, except for
case)

Then you could place this in B2:
=SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!A:A"),$A2,INDIRECT("'"& C$1&"'!B:B"))
Copy B2 across/fill down to populate
--
Max
Singapore
"Mike" wrote:
I am using Excel 2003. I have a few sheets in one workbook each containing
monthly data. Data from each month needs to go on a year to date sheet. Say
in my monthly sheets A10:A20 contain a "Position" and B10:B20 contains
numbers based on that "Position". Each month may or may not contain the same
"Positions" in A10:A20. I need a function to add up the numbers for each
"Position" if it appears in any given month. For example, "Position" AR-01
may appear in July and September and in different cells in those months in
the A column. I need my YTD sheet containing all possible "Positions" to
find the number in the B culumn associated with the "Position" in the A
column and add the year's data up.
--
Mike