Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Sean is offline

Default Row limit on external data in Excel 2007

I tried to save as an xlsx file but when I opened it up it still had 65356
rows. I then changed the file format in the Excel Options to xlsx and then
closed and reopened Excel. I then started over by re-importing the original
file. I guess once you open Excel, it does not care if you change the
extension when you save it. Regardless, i was able to get all my rows. Thanks
Roger for putting me on the right track!!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Sean

it sounds as though you started from an xls file, which would have been
loaded in compatibility mode.
Save the file as an xlsx 2007 fileCloseRe-open
and you should be able to access all 1 million+rows

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Sean" wrote in message
I can only get 65,356 rows when I link Excel to an external data source. I
am
using an ODBC driver to link to an IBM i-series database (AS400). The
database has 167,000+ rows. I thought Excel 2007 had a row limit of 1mil+.
Is
there different limit for linked tables?