Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Newbie problem: numbers with +positive and -negative indicators

Function EvalCell(RefCell As String)
Application.Volatile
EvalCell = Evaluate(RefCell)
End Function

=EvalCell(A1&A2&A3) returns 9.5

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:52:14 -0700 (PDT), ".Net Sports"
wrote:

On Oct 2, 7:43 am, "RagDyeR" wrote:
=A1+A2+A3

RD

Thanks for the responses.... the problem I have is, I need to add
these numbers in this column just like they are and have +9.5 as the
result (i'm using Office2003 version) and it won't let me autosum it
even when i remove the plus signs on the positive numbers, it just
spits out an "=sum()" where the +3 cell is.... I need to add these
like they are positive and negative numbers; how do I go into Format
Cells to do this????

".Net Sports" wrote in message

I have a column of numbers that i need to have a positive or negative
indicator to add up with the AutoSum function,

+3
-3.5
+10

...but can't get the autosum function on the row below to
calculate...i get an empty " =sum( ) " display; what is the correct
way to format these numbers so i can get the total of +9.5 with this
column