Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bhavna bhavna is offline

Default How do I add an item with comma in the list of data validation

It doesn't work the way I want.

thanks for the help
--
bprajap

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select the cell with the comma delimited list.

F2 and CTRL + c to copy from the formula bar.

Select another cell to get out of edit mode then re-select the original.

DataValidationAllowListSource....Ctrl + v to paste.

Incorporate the steps in your VBA

Gord

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:49:02 -0700, bhavna
wrote:

Let me be more clear.
In my excel file I read data from SQL server. Therefore when I get data from
server I save it in a comma delimited string as I apply this for data
validation list. All this happens in background with VBA. I don't want user
to see the data. User just see the list of choices for the given column.

If you or anyone have other suggestion will be helpful
Thanks