Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_2_] Sheeloo[_2_] is offline

Default Reordering column to match list

In B1 enter
=VLOOKUP(A1,C:D,2,false) and copy down...

Once you verify that the you got the right comments in Col B against entries
in Col A,
Select Col B, Edit-Copy then Edit-Paste Special-Values...

You can then delete Col C & D

"Mickoz" wrote:

The comment doesn't contain the name, it's always in the cell to the left of
it.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Can I assume that the 'Comment about Northerly' contains the word 'Northerly'
and so on?

"Mickoz" wrote:

Hi,

Im trying to set the order of the list within a column to match that of
another list within the worksheet ie.

A B C D

Swick Northerly Comment about Northerly
Forensics Sebring Comment about Sebring
Sebring Sunline Comment about Sunline
Northerly Forensics Comment about Forensics
Sunline Swick Comment about Swick

Column A is in correct order whereas column C isn't.

Ideally I'm trying to get the contents of column D to correctly match up
with each entry in column A so that there is only the list on the left
followed by the corresponding comment.

I've tried sorting and various other methods without success ... can someone
help?