Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
easymac easymac is offline

Default Graphing the maximum and minimum values

Shane, your formulas were helpful and worked for finding the minimums and the
maximums, but I can get that with Pivot Tables anyway.

I'm stuck at the part where you say "plot the data" and then "choose the
Options tab, and set the Overlap to 100." When I plot the data, I have to
drag fields into the series area before I can double click on anything, and
from what I can tell, the overlap is already 100.

The best I can do is seem to get the axes and the series field to look like
what I want (listing a min-max range that is correct), but with nothing
actually showing up on the graph.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

If I understand you question correctly you want to display a single bar that
spans for the min to the max.

You can start with some of the previous suggestion:
Suppose you have you letters in A2:A12 and the values in B2:B12, then in
D2:D4 enter you letters

in cell E2 array enter

=MAX(IF(A$2:A$12=D2,$B$2:$B$12))

in cell F2 array enter

=MIN(IF(A$2:A$12=D2,$B$2:$B$12))

Copy both these formulas down and then plot the data.

Now, double click the series on the chart and choose the Options tab, and
set the Overlap to 100
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire