Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
easymac easymac is offline

Default Graphing the maximum and minimum values

Bernard,

Thanks for the reply, but I seem to be encountering an error. I've done
exactly what you've said (I think) and in my E column I am getting "#NUM"
errors with Excel telling me it is a (duh) Number Error.

I'm on Excel 2003 if that makes a difference.

Also, I've been able to set up a Pivot Chart where it can graph for each
letter in A the min and max values, but it stacks them on top of each other.
I'd like for it to subtract them. Would that be a simpler problem to solve?

Thanks

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

In D1:D10 enter the text A, B, C, .... J
In E1 enter =MAX(IF(A:A=D1,B:B))-MIN(IF(A:A=D1,B:B))
but commit it with SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER as it is an array formula (Excel will
enclose it in braces { } )
Copy this down to E10
Make chart using D1:J10 for you data
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"easymac" wrote in message
Hi, everyone.

Let's say I have two columns. Column A has the first ten letters of the
alphabet, each listed 4 times (A1=A, A2=A, A3=A, A4=A, A5=B, A6=B, etc),
and
in column B there are, let's say, random numbers between -10 and 10. I
want
to create a chart that will graph the range using the maximum and minimum
values for each letter in column A. This would of course be a one-axis
graph
(graphing only the values in B on the x-axis with the different values in
being placed on top of (or to the side) of each other.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bobby