Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Two Levels of Security in Database Tool. ASP Report Maker

I am working on security for a database, and I can only list IDs in a field
named €˜ReportsTo in one column. This is kind of a stretch, but I thought
someone here may have dealt with something similar, or may be
thinking-out-of-the-box more than I am right now. The scenario is kind of
simple, lets say a SalesRep logs into the database, and wants to see all
his/her records. Ok, fine, I have the ID for the SalesRep and I know which
Director the SalesRep reports to. Same for the Director, I have this ID and
I know which VP the Director reports to. However, at the VP level, I have a
problem. The VP wants to login and wants to see all his/her records as well
as all the records of the Director under him/her, as well as all the records
of the SalesRep under the Director. So, anyway, I can go one up level, but
not two levels. I am using ASP Report Maker to create a web-based interface.

http://www.hkvstore.com/aspreportmaker/

I dont think this is possible to do what I want to do with that tool. I
have one level of security working fine, but not two levels. It would
require some kind of if€¦then statement, which I am pretty sure that asp tool
cant handle. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Anyone at all?

I know you are not supposed to multi-post, and I NEVER do it, but I feel I
need to do it this one time because I may find just one person here, or
perhaps just one person at the Excel Programming group, which may be able to
help me out of this dilemma. This is time-sensitive and Im really looking
for a needle in a haystack here...

I try to contribute to these DGs as much as I can!!
Thanks for this, and thanks for all the help in the past.
Ryan---

--
RyGuy