Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Copy Visible Cells in Sheet with Merged and Hidden Cells

If you cannot or will not unmerge the cells, you are doomed.

What is preventing you from selecting the range and FormatCellsAlinment
and unmerging them?

No data will be lost

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:23:36 GMT, "rtwiss via OfficeKB.com" <u46610@uwe
wrote:

Merged cells stem from a database output which i have no control. So thanks
but no thanks!

FSt1 wrote:
hi
no, you complcated it with merged cells so it is not longer a simple ctrl
c....ctrl v.
get rid of the merged cells and your problem with mysteriously go away.

regards
FSt1

How do you copy only visible cells on a sheet that has merged and hidden
cells. Not as easy as everyone thinks. I keep getting the error message
stating " Cannot change part of a merged cell." Any suggestions? This isn't
a simple ctrl c......ctrl v. I've tried special select of visible cells and
copy and got the error stated above.