Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rtwiss via OfficeKB.com rtwiss via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Copy Visible Cells in Sheet with Merged and Hidden Cells

Merged cells stem from a database output which i have no control. So thanks
but no thanks!

FSt1 wrote:
hi
no, you complcated it with merged cells so it is not longer a simple ctrl
c....ctrl v.
get rid of the merged cells and your problem with mysteriously go away.

regards
FSt1

How do you copy only visible cells on a sheet that has merged and hidden
cells. Not as easy as everyone thinks. I keep getting the error message
stating " Cannot change part of a merged cell." Any suggestions? This isn't
a simple ctrl c......ctrl v. I've tried special select of visible cells and
copy and got the error stated above.