Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default when I type numbers in a cell it changes it to a decimal point

You should try browsing through the Options now and again.

You may be surprised at what you find.

Like "fixed decimals"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:39:06 -0700, Christopher819
wrote:

This worked! Thanks very much, I have had this problem for over a year and
couldn't figure out what was wrong. Again! Thanks!
"Ton" wrote:

This is happening to all my excel documents even those that were previously
created correctly, now when I modify them this happens even when I have
chosen the cell formatting of general numbers. It seems like my whole program
has had the formatting changed to reflect numbers as decimals. No matter what
my cell formatting is if I type the numbers 123456 it will change it to
1234.56?