Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Finding text in a range

What determines that it should be "IBM" if the text is in column D, or
"CA" for column H? Are these column names which are in B1:Z1? Or, do
you have a table somewhere that lists the names for each column?

Pete

On Oct 1, 6:20*pm, Always need help asap :-) <Always need help
asap wrote:
Hello. *I'm a fairly new user to Excel and need help with an IF statement. *
I've tried using ISTEXT, but that only seems to work with single cells.

I have a spreadsheet several columns wide and in the first column, need to
put a value, based on which column the text is in (There's only 1 item per
line).

Example:
Col A * *B * * C * *D..... * J * H * I ..... W *X *Y *Z
Results * * * * * * *Text

If the text is in Col. D, I need the result to be "IBM", if it's in Col. H,
then "CA", etc.
Can someone help me with this, please?