Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Start and End date

Try these:

For start, an *array* formula:

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(TRUE,(B1:B10<""),0))

For end, a regular entry formula:

=INDEX(A1:A10,MATCH(99^99,B1:B10))

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

--

HTH,

RD

"Lisa" wrote in message
I have two columns column A is formatted with the date for the year column b
has data. I would like at the top of the page to display the date that data
starts to show and the date that data stops for the year.
Thanks for the assist

Example:
A B
01/01/08