Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Durgesh M[_2_] Durgesh M[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get the unique values from a column in excel?

Thanks Mike, this has solved my problem. Thanks again.

Regards,

Durgesh.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Name the range you want the unique values from by selecting it then
Insert|Name|define and call it say MyRange
Click Ok

Go to the sheet where you want the data displayed and then
Data|Filter|Advanced filter
In the 'Listrange' box enter =MyRange
Check 'Copy to another Location'
Select 'Unique records only
Pick a cell where the data are to go.

In summary you are correct Excell cannot push advanced filtered data to
another sheet but it can pull it.

Mike

"Durgesh M" wrote:

I have numbers in one column (Position Control Numner) of sheet A(1000 rows),
I want in another sheet (Sheet B) the unique numbers from the column
(Position Control Numner). Plesae guide me how to achieve this functionality.
I tried advanced filed with unique values option but the output is limited to
the same sheet sheet A.