Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AM AM is offline

Default cell referencing problems when sorting data

Hi,
When I perform a data sort on a worksheet two of my columns dont sort with
the rest of the data.
For example a sort by first name changed to a sort by surname means these
two columns of cells still reference the original cell
='Employee db - Master'!H2 should change to ='Employee db - Master'!H43
after the sort but it doesnt, it stays the same and references the wrong
data.
Ive tried $H$2 that doesnt work

How can I keep the cell pointing to the correct data in through a sort?

Many thanks

However, if I cut and paste cell B2 in sheet2, then sheet1 A1 follows
sheet2B2 anywhere I put it.

How can I keep cell A1 pointing to the data in B2 through a sort?