Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MNetD MNetD is offline

Default Matching column data

Thank you, that works for me.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Enter this in C1 (or wherever you want) and copy down
=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:$B$20=A1),--($B$1:$B$20<""))

Change B20 to the end of your list .
Anywhere you get 1 or more means that the item in A1 appears in Col B

"MNetD" wrote:

Hello,
I have two columns where I need to find non-matching data. For example, I
would want to know in this example anytime a value appears in column A and
does not appear in Column B (i.e., APPLE does not appear in column B). Using
the sort function will not work as I have blank spaces in some of the rows
and they are not all in the same order. Thanks!

A B
APPLE GRAPEFRUIT
ORANGE PEAR
PEAR ORANGE