Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steevo Steevo is offline

Default Alternate Row Select in Sheet 1 then Paste to Sheet 2

THANKS Shane! You ain't kidding this runs very fast & and a perfect fit. I
was thinking that MOD() function having used with alternate row conditional
formatting, just didn't know what you just taught me. Thanks again!

Thanks,
Steevo

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Here is a different approach which run very fast.

Sub Every10th()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
[A1].EntireColumn.Insert
[A1:A3000].Select
Selection = "=1/MOD(ROW(),10)"
Selection = Selection.Value
[A1].EntireRow.Insert
ActiveCell = "Title"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="#DIV/0!"
Selection.Offset(1, 1).Resize(, 20).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
[A1].EntireColumn.Delete
[A1].EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

The Resize argument can be removed if you are only copying column A data.
If you have something common in column A on every 10th row you can shorten
this code to

Sub Every10th()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
[A1:A3000].Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="my common entry"
Selection.Offset(1, 0).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Steevo" wrote:

Trying to code an every other 10th row select from Sheet 1 (with 3000 rows of
data) and do this 128 times, Then paste the 128 row selection to Sheet 2.
Sample code below is proof of concept. Do I use while?, loop ?, until ? then
increment row to be selected by 10 (row=10, row=20, row=30 and so on until I
have a selection of 128 rows from Sheet 1?

'**Sample code**
Sub SeveralRows()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Dim myUnion As Range
Set myUnion = Union(Rows(1), Rows(10), Rows(20)) ' for 128 rows
myUnion.Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste