Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Search range, find value in another col in corresponding row

Try this in N1:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(M1,WorksheetB!D:D,0)),"",VLOOKUP(M1 ,WorksheetB!D:F,
3,0))

then copy down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 1, 1:26*am, Brent E wrote:
Good day,

I am trying to find a formula or VBA Code to compare a value on worksheet A
from a range of values on worksheet B. If found, assign the adjacent cell on
Worksheet A, to the value of a corresponding cell on Worksheet B.

Sample Data,
Worksheet 1 Contains
* *Col M ----------- Col N
1 Project 1 ------- Blank
2 Project 4 *------ Blank

Worksheet 2 Contains
* Col D ------------ Col F
1 Project 1 ----- Review
2 Project 2 ----- Prototype
3 Project 3 ----- Evaluation
4 Project 4 ----- Implementation
5 Project 5 ----- Follow Up

Pseudo code:
If Cell M1 Worksheet A is found in Col D on Worksheet 2,
then N1 on Worksheet A = F1 on Worksheet B

I am using: =IsNumber(Match(WorksheetA!M1, WorksheetB!D:D, 0))
to find the cell value in the range.

I just need to figure out how to assign the data in the corresponding cell
where the match is found.

Resulting Data on Worksheet 1 should look like:
Worksheet 1:
* *Col M ----------- Col N
1 Project 1 ------- Review
2 Project 4 *------ Implementation