Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ldenning ldenning is offline

Default Conditional formating for data in 2 columns

I need a formula that will calculate the number of contacts that I make
within a particular ethinicity. I have two columns, with the household
ethnicity in one column and then the number of contacts in that household in
the second. What formula can I use count the total number of contacts within
an ethnicity? I first tried the CountIf function, but realized that I was
only receiving a count of the instances of a particular ethnicity and not the
actual number of contacts.