Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Microsoft Works and Excel

You're welcome, have a great day!

bwest wrote:

You gentlemen sent me in the right direction. This was the fix:

Click on the Office button
Excel options
Click on Advanced
In the General section uncheck Ignore other applications that use dynamic
data exchange(DDE)

Thanks very much!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like that should fix file associations.

Or possibly re-register Excel 2007

Gord

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:46:35 -0500, Bob I wrote:

I think after further explanation, "dde" is the issue.

Gord Dibben wrote:

Your description reads a little confusing to me.

"My Excel spreadsheets have to open in MS Works" followed by

"fix it so that when I click to open an Excel spreadsheet, it opens with
Excel"

In which application would you like them to open?

What format are these workbooks?

Excel format or MS works format?

In which application were they created/saved?

What is the file extension?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:30:01 -0700, bwest
wrote:

My Excel spreadsheets have to open in Microsoft Works rather than Excel. Is
there some way to fix it so that when I click to open an Excell spreadsheet,
it opens with Excel? Thanks.