Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Richard S. Richard S. is offline

Default Documents (painfully) slow to open in Excel 2007

Similar problem he clicking on any excel file would start excel but the
worksheet would not open until I resized the screen or did just about
anything else that would initiate a change and the worksheet would pop right
open. I installed one of the ad-ons as Arnold R. suggested, and it works
just fine. Don't know what the relationship is between the two but you can't
beat the results. Thanks for the suggestion.

"skgib250" wrote:

I have the same problem and just installed the Solver Add-in and now files
open instantly. "Excel optionsAdd-InsManage:Excel Add-Ins"GO""

I imagine any of the Add-ins would work, but only tried this one.

Scott

"Acanesfan" wrote:

Do you mean any add-in at all?
--
Thank you.
A Canes Fan

"Arnold R" wrote:

OK, I found a solution. It appears that if you install at least one add-in
the problem goes away. Go figure. It now opens a spreadsheet in 2 seconds
flat.

"Arnold R" wrote:

I'm having a strange problem in Excel 2007. We just upgraded from Office
2003 to Office 2007. Now when I double click on an Excel spreadsheet (while
Excel is closed) it takes 61 seconds to display the spreadsheet (Excel itself
opens quickly). If I open Excel first (that takes about 1-2 seconds) and
then open the spreadsheet by either double clicking it or using the file open
dialog, the document opens almost instantaneously. And it doesn't seem to
matter whether it's a .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm or .xlsb file format.

I did not have this problem with Office 2003. I've tried a couple of the
fixes I've seen posted for similar issues, such as making sure "ignore other
DDE applications" is unchecked and re-registering Excel. Neither of these
has made a difference.

Any help would be gratefully received.