Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default VLOOKUP or MATCH or Magical function

Hi,

The answer may be yes, but without you telling us what condition will
determine whether to display yes or no we are all just taking a guess at what
formula you need is. Look at the different answers you have recieved, each
is a shot in the dark. Please provide us with more information.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"PJS" wrote:

Hello,
I am running into a problem and I am not sure which function to use.
Suppose I have a worksheet1 with of data i.e. the person and the brand of
cars they own.

Person Car
A BMW
A Ford
B GM
B Mercedes
B Porsche
C Honda
D Toyota
D Lexus

Is it possible to create a second worksheet ~ say worksheet 2 and depending
on the data from worksheet 1, it would fill out Y, N

Person Car Own (Y/N)
A BMW Y
A Ford Y
A GM N