Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VLOOKUP or MATCH or Magical function

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(1,(Sheet1!A1:A10=A1)*(Sheet1!B1 :B10=B1),0)),"yes","no")

them yourself.)

Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007).

Assumes that the table is on Sheet1 in A1:B10 and that the values to match are
in A1 and B1 of a different sheet.

PJS wrote:

Hello,
I am running into a problem and I am not sure which function to use.
Suppose I have a worksheet1 with of data i.e. the person and the brand of
cars they own.

Person Car
A BMW
A Ford
B GM
B Mercedes
B Porsche
C Honda
D Toyota
D Lexus

Is it possible to create a second worksheet ~ say worksheet 2 and depending
on the data from worksheet 1, it would fill out Y, N

Person Car Own (Y/N)
A BMW Y
A Ford Y
A GM N